Wednesday 4 August 2010

So here we are...

As this is my very first entry (!) i'll give a bit of background as to why i'm starting this blog...

So as you've probably already gathered, my name is Allana and I study medicine. I went to St. Andrews University for my first 3 years and got a BSc (First Class Hons) and now i'm beginning my clincial training at Glasgow University. Before I went to uni, I spent ages scouring the internet to find a decent medic blog to give me an idea of what life as a medic really involved. I came across a few, however none seemed to give me a true insight into the course and profession.

So I started St. Andrews in the September of 2007 not really knowing what to expect - the same as every fresher really. Fast forward 3 years when (much to my surprise) i'm graduating from there with a first class degree and ready to begin the next step. It makes it seem all too easy, however, summing up 3 years of hard work in 2 sentances. In my opinion, I think I would have significantly benefited from following a blog of a medic who, as well as discussing the excitement of their course, also vented their frustrations about the intensity of medicine.

Graduating from St. Andrews!
As geeky as it sounds, I absolutely love medicine and would  like to share my experiences (both good and bad!) with those who choose to follow. Although it will primarily medicine related, I will try and put in some light reading about other issues and generally what I get up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment